April Book Club
- April Book Club
- The Hartford Public Library Book Club meets the third Monday of each month at 6:30PM in the Library.
- When Apr 17, 2017 from 06:30 PM to 07:30 PM (US/Eastern / UTC-400)
- Where Hartford Public Library
- Contact Name Stephanie Daniels
- Contact Phone 269-621-3408
- Add event to calendar iCal
On April 17th @ 6:30PM the Hartford Public Library will discuss the book "The Butterfly Garden" by Chip St. Clair.
Fear rocked Chip St. Clair's world. As a boy, he never knew what would set his father off--maybe the ice cubes had melted in his glass of Tab, maybe dinner was overcooked or undercooked or the gravy was too runny. Regardless, the beatings always came. As did the twisted games of cat and mouse--being thrown from a rowboat into frigid Lake Michigan, the middle-of-the-night moves to different states, or being left to dangle over a ten-story balcony while his father watched from inside. But one fateful night when the police answered the call, the truth came to light from the shadows, sparking national headlines: Chip St. Clair's entire life--his name, even his date of birth--had been a lie, and the man he called 'Dad' was an impostor, an escaped child killer who had been on the run for over two decades. The stunning revelation would send one of America's Most Wanted to justice and another on a quest for his true identity.(Synopsis taken from, goodreads.com)