January Book Club
- January Book Club
- The Hartford Public Library Book Club meets the third Monday of the month at 6:30PM in the library.
- When Jan 16, 2017 from 06:30 PM to 07:30 PM (US/Eastern / UTC-500)
- Where Hartford Public Library
- Contact Name Stephanie Daniels
- Contact Phone 269-621-3408
- Add event to calendar iCal
Join us for a lively discussion about the book
"The Boy in the Boat" by Daniel James Brown"
Daniel James Brown’s robust book tells the story of the University of Washington’s 1936 eight-oar crew and their epic quest for an Olympic gold medal, a team that transformed the sport and grabbed the attention of millions of Americans. The sons of loggers, shipyard workers, and farmers, the boys defeated elite rivals first from eastern and British universities and finally the German crew rowing for Adolf Hitler in the Olympic games in Berlin, 1936.
(Synopsis taken from goodreads.com)